The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) has announced the commonwealth Ph.D. scholarships for 2021.
Funded by the UK Department for international development, this scholarship program is designed to provide excellent research opportunities to the eligible candidates.
The Ph.D. program is offered in the various study disciplines. The program is aimed to enhance the academic and research capabilities of the candidates to encourage collaboration for advanced opportunities in several domains.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- To apply for the scholarship the candidates should fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria.
- The applicants should hold the nationality of Pakistan/AJ&K and the dual nationally holders are not eligible to apply.
- The applicants must have a first-class degree in relevant qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the selected field of study.
- The applicants should not have any third division in the entire academic career and the candidates must not have a second division in the last acquired degree.
- The applicants should not be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., program, at the University of UK University before September or October 2021.
- The candidates that have been already availing of other Ph.D. scholarships are not eligible.
- The candidates must provide all required documentation.
- The applicants have to submit the two references online to the UK application system.
What is the Application Procedure?
- Applicants are required to submit online application forms at the Commonwealth and HEC web portal.
- It is mandatory to submit separate forms to process the application for the selection procedure.
- Along with the online application form submitted at the HEC portal the candidates have to upload the paid fee challan of Rs. 400/-.
- The application processing fee can be paid in any branch of Habib Bank Limited.
- The incomplete application forms will not be entertained in any case.
- There is no need to send the hard copies of the applications at the registration stage.
- The shortlisted candidates have to submit the hard copies of the HEC application form and relevant academic documents, research proposal, CNIC and Domicile.
- The last date to apply for the Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships is 18th January 2021.